ConfigMgr Client Status “bug” resolved!

Recently I was migrating SCCM server to another machine. Because original server was upgraded to many times, I decided to start clean. It was a big job. Only thing it didn’t worked at all was Client Status tool introduced in R2 version. What ever I did I get this error.

<4.8.2011. 8:46:10> Invalid SQL error – A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 – Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

image

I checked everything, read forums, tried some different things and “nada”. It couldn’t connect to sql server. I contacted one SQL admin from company we have support from (thanks again Tomislav). Solution was to disable UAC on both SQL and SCCM server. Thanks Microsoft for coding some solutions with beginners standards. I think they need to stop a liitle bit, and start optimizing and consolidating their products. Its about time!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s