And now lets do easy part clicking next buttons. Just to remind you. We are installing SCOM 2016 on one server that will be management, web console and reporting server and another server that will host SQL workloads.
- Start setup.exe and click on Install.
- Choose roles you will install
- Select Installation location
- On Prerequisites page you will have nothing to do if you already done all things from Part 4 of series
- Name Management group. It should be unique if you have more then one in your System Center ecosystem
- Skip configuration page and enter all data needed for Operational Database and Data Warehouse database on next page
- Set all needed for SCOM Web console. Use SSL if you want security
- This page is self-explanatory
- If you already prepared SCOM accounts for different roles please fill them in
- Read or don’t read this one and click next
- Choose carefully what you wish for
- Check all settings you put for installation and go Install
- After everything went successful setup is complete. There is a warning to enter license because you installed Evaluation copy
- Console will open and everything is set to go.
- One thing remains. If you remember, we created AD group that will be SCOM administrator. Please go to administration pane > User Roles > Operations Manager Administrators. As you can see BUILTIN\Administrators is default administrators in you SCOM environment. Delete it and add your SCOM administrators group.
This conclude our first par of installation because we need to do Reporting server installation also. I will explain it right away in next blog just because I don’t want to have blog more than 100 pages long